1. What is a Luxury Travel Planner (Advisor, Consultant, Agent, Designer, etc)?A luxury travel planner focuses on the clients experience. Price is not the primary focal point. Luxury travel is planned based typically on a budget, not the cheapest price. For instance, a client will give us the budget parameters of a trip versus asking us to find the least expensive price. Which, by the way, can literally change by the minute. The goal is to spend time designing a memorable vacation experience versus spending time focusing on dollars and cents.
2. What is a Lifestyle Manager?A lifestyle manager essentially handles personal and professional lifestyle request from clients. Lifestyle Managers have resources and contacts to obtain obscure and unique request. In recent years, a new crop of companies have popped up using Lifestyle Management and Concierge interchangeably with a twinge of Personal Assisting. Learn the difference by visiting our Lifestyle Management page to view our comparison chart.
3. What are your fees?
It depends on the requested service.
- Basic Vacation Planning may require a non-refundable deposit we call a Plan To Go fee. It is applied to your final balance when you book with us.
- Bespoke Itinerary Planning requires a non-refundable consultation fee in exchange for researching and planning your trip. It is in addition to your vacation cost.
- Lifestyle Management requires an initiation fee and an annual service fee for 24/7 travel and lifestyle management.
- Virtual Business Management requires a setup fee and annual service fee to handle HR and Business Management.
- Group Travel Planning requires an administrative fee for account setup paid typically by the group leader or divided among the participants at the group leader’s direction.
Contact us to learn more. We only charge fees for services for which we do not receive commission.
4. Is there a minimum budget to work with Abundant Journeys?Not technically. However, we do not plan based on price. We plan based on a budget. Not sure what budget to choose for your selected destination? View our budget suggestions below.
5. Why do I need a budget?Anytime you seek professional assistance, it is important to have some idea of what you truly want to spend on your trip. Without this information, your travel professional will spin their wheels searching options you will never, ever consider. A budget creates an efficient process for all involved parties.
A budget is also important because each families ideal budget is wildly different from one other. In other words, your idea of expensive or inexpensive is relative to only you. A starting budget is highly necessary.
6. I do not know my budget. Any suggestions?
Starting Budgets based on destination for ‘standard travel’:
Travel within the continental USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Canada.
- $1,800 – $3,200+ per person (7-10 days)
- $1,250 – $1,900+ per person (5 -7 days)
- $850 – $1,300+ per person (3-5 days)
For Hawaii, Alaska, the Caribbean, Rio de Janeiro and Europe:
- $3,150 – $5,450+ per person (10-14 days)**
- $2,200 – $3,250+ per person (7-10 days)
- $1,600 – $2,250+ per person (5 -7 days)
- $1,250- $1,700+ per person (3-5 days)
For the South Pacific, Australia, Dubai, Morocco and South Africa:
- $7,600 – $9,800+ per person (10-14 days+)**
- $5,850 – $7,850+ per person (7-10 days)
- $2,950 – $6,300+ per person (5 -7 days)
The above budget suggestions are starting points for travel based on 1) flight & (all-inclusive) lodging or 2) cruise & flight. This is where we usually start our search for standard travel… with these numbers in mind. If we find something lower, then kudos, but this is where we start. ~Last Updated: 06/2014~
*Actual prices may vary considerably from these guidelines as these are only starting budget amounts per traveler for standard travel.*
** recommended length of vacation
7. What if price is my primary objective?Abundant Journeys is skilled in upscale travel. The above listed budget recommendations are based on ‘standard travel’ at the bottom rack rate. If the recommendations are higher than your budget or price is your primary objective, then please feel free to book yourself on our book travel page available 24 hours a day.
8. Are you an appointment only firm?
Yes, we are an appointment-based firm. Given the caliber of services we provide, an appointment is necessary to maintain our agency standards. For any new request, a trip request is required to begin most travel services. The trip request re-directs to our online scheduler to set a consultation appointment. For all other request, you may contact us.
For group requests, please complete The Basics Worksheet to begin with us. Upon submission, you will be directed to our online calendar to schedule a complimentary consultation.
If you are a contracted, lifestyle management client, then you have a private number to reach us. Lifestyle Management clients request receive top priority.
9. What is your process? How do you get started with clients?Our process moves rather expeditiously for those ready to book. We’ve established processes and protocol for maximum efficiency in planning your trip or lifestyle management needs. As Virtual Business Managers, procedures and processes are a skill set we utilize frequently and effectively. Read the article ‘How We Work‘ on our blog to learn more.
10. I only need a hotel room, activity tickets, car rental, etc. How can I book myself through Abundant Journeys?We offer an online booking engine available 24/7. As long as you have 48-hours before your intended travel date, you can book on our site, HERE.
The 48-hour window was implemented to help prevent fraud on our site. It gives us time to verify the validity of online purchases. After all, we are not a multi-national corporation able to withstand the damage of a fraudulent transaction.
11. Do you offer any value-adds to your clientele?Yes, we have a client referral program if you refer anyone to us. We also offer a loyalty program for clients who have traveled at least twice using Abundant Journeys previously.
It is also fruitful for our clients to remain on our e-mail list. Why? We have exclusive offerings and giveaways availed only to those on our e-mail list from time to time.
12. Who will help me?It depends on your requested service – leisure, celebration or group travel. We work as a team of Travel Coordinators, Account Managers, Travel & Lifestyle Managers and other personnel to provide an exquisite experience for our clients.
The most efficient way to begin with Abundant Journeys is to 1st select your chosen service level and 2nd schedule a consultation by completing a trip request.
13. What are your hours of operation?
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m – 3 p.m. CST for new appointments.
Current Clients (pending trips)
For current clients with pending trips and quoted clients, we also offer Saturday hours by appointment, if necessary.
- For traveling clients, we are available nearly 24/7 to offer emergency assistance. Certain terms & conditions apply.
- For non-emergencies, please contact us during regular office hours: Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m – 3 p.m. CST
- For urgent, non-emergency matters we are available before office hours: Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. and Fridays/Saturdays 9 a.m – 6 p.m. CST
It is important to note, we are only available Sundays for emergency situations. Not urgent or non-emergency situations. We base what day is Sunday by Dallas local time (CST).
Contracted Lifestyle Management Clients
For contract lifestyle management clients, you have a private number availed to you for 24/7 access to your lifestyle manager, depending on the terms of your agreement.
In the end, we are mobile families, we handle our clients on the go… the same way we expect our clients to be… on the go frequently.
If you are expecting an agent sitting behind a desk processing tickets all day, then it is our job to change that image. We are Travel & Lifestyle Managers with a love for travel. We do not learn about travel from magazines, we learn from first-hand experience. Our goal is to make your dream experiences a reality.
14. I have more questions.Peruse around our website to find answers.
If you still cannot find the answer to your question, then please contact us.