A critical piece to a successful service-based business is the gratitude you display to clients who utilize your services. If you are still giving out calendars and cheap pens, then maybe it’s time to rethink your gifting strategy.
A carefully selected client appreciation gift can go a long way to increasing your businesses livelihood. It can mean the difference between repeat business and lucrative referrals. It can set you apart from the other company who simply performs a service and moves onto the next client. Client acquisition is expensive and difficult. Hence, it is highly desirable for any business to retain the clients it already has under its belt.
What gifts should we give?
We’ve listed some examples of gifts we give in the professional world. We realize getting to know a hot prospect or valuable client well enough to give the perfect gift may not be your forte. Hence the reason we suggest, as a small business owner, you take advantage of services such as Abundant Journeys’ Client Satisfaction service to keep you ahead of the pack.
- Perfectly appointed meals: Perhaps you need to smooth the way to a successful deal. Having a private chef prepare a meal most dear to your client can ease the way into the conversation making negotiations more attainable. Or inviting your client to an exclusive restaurant with limited availability may help your client realize you can attain the impossible.
- Drink of choice: If you watched CBS’s new show, Madam Secretary, then perhaps you caught the clip of Madam Secretary played by Tea Leoni receiving a fine bottle of Cognac from another Head of State to smooth over relations between France and the US. If your prospect or client enjoys rare spirits or wines, then we can source that bottle anywhere worldwide on your behalf.
- Welcome Baskets: No, not the fruit of the month basket, but a personalized basket suitable to just your client. Do you have a development or sales team arriving in town for your new hotel opening? Will they have to stay for an extended period of time? We will gather their interest to formulate the perfect welcome basket to provide upon their arrival and even replenish it during their stay.
- Stemware: Spending $150 to land a $50,000 contract is a no-brainer. By sending custom stemware, you can include a message asking your prospect to a wine-tasting to meet with you. It gives you a reason to follow up. It gives your client a reason to remember you.
- Pet gifts: It goes without saying if your prospect or client is a pet lover, then getting in the door to closing the deal might ease with a carefully selected gift for Fido.
As lifestyle managers, it is our job to make our clients private and professional lives run smoothly and with ease. If you are in business to gain and retain clients, then staying top of mind is very important. However, it is not in your best interest to spend time sifting around for gifts, searching for sporting tickets or arranging travel schedules for your out of town guest. If you have an assistant, then he or she should be busy insuring your office is well-maintained, database is accurate, appointments are handled properly and the like. Hence, partnering with firms such as Abundant Journeys to handle your lifestyle management needs can greatly increase your overall production and grow your firms bottom line.
Use genuine appreciation to grow your business. Partner with Abundant Journeys for all of your lifestyle management needs.
New to this whole lifestyle management thing? Not sure what services it includes for your private and professional life? Poke around our website to learn more. Here are some ideas to get your juices flowing:
- Client Satisfaction
- Gifts & Shopping
- Exclusive event and sporting tickets
- Incentive rewards for sales staff
- Planning team retreats, fitness getaways
- Helping you find a 2nd home or relocate
- and more… just ask!
Lifestyle Management services are designed to allow you to focus on productive activities and your assistant to focus on administrative task. We handle all the high level projects in between to manage your private and professional life. Choose a package and get started today!
Ask us about the $1,200 Monopoly game custom made to attract a stellar deal.